How to Get a Medical Card in Missouri
To get a Missouri medical marijuana card need not be expensive, challenging, nor time-consuming. Instead, it should be affordable, accessible, and easy to accomplish in a few simple steps.
Because we value your time and understand your pains, we at QuickMedCards live by a simple code: Putting Patients Before Profit. We designed our registration process with you in mind, so we made it as straightforward and quick to follow as possible. On top of that, we offer the lowest rates in-state.
Speak with our licensed doctor
Sign up to book your online consultation today. All of our Missouri marijuana doctors are licensed to certify patients legally.
Once you get approved by our doctor, your Signed verification is available for instant PDF download.
Receive your Medical Marijuana Card
With your MO-licensed physician verification, you will be ready to submit your application to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
Benefits of QuickMedCards
What You Receive
1 Year MMJ Recommendation
24/7 Dispensary Verification
Instant PDF Download
Includes State Paperwork Fee
Our prices include the State Paperwork Fee that other providers usually charge for separately. Other fees that a patient must pay directly to the government must be paid by the patient.
Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS)
How to get a medical marijuana card in Missouri
Are you a patient seeking medical marijuana treatment?
Then let’s go ahead and look at how to get a marijuana card online in Missouri.
First things first, to find out if you are a suitable candidate, you need to take a look at the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program rules as well as the list of Qualifying Coditions that apply in this state.
If you are a patient suffering from any of the qualifying conditions and traditional medication has had no effect in diminishing your pain and discomfort, then you’ll likely qualify for a Missouri medical marijuanas card. We can help you schedule an online appointment with one of our licensed Missouri medical marijuana doctors today.
Are you unsure if your medical condition qualifies you for MO medical cannabis card?
Don’t stress; we are here to help! Our state-licensed medical providers can assess you and help determine if medical marijuana is the best option for you. On top of that, we offer the lowest rates in-state, so if you search for “cheapest medical marijuanas doctors near me,” you will find our company on top of the list.
If you are looking for good excuses to get a medical card, you need to understand that only patients with qualifying medical conditions may file an application.
Missouri - Qualifying Conditions
If you are a patient diagnosed with one of the qualifying symptoms mentioned below, your next step is to see a licensed in-state medical marijuana doctor. The physician will review your initial diagnosis then assess your condition to see if you are qualified for the program.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cachexia (Wasting Syndrome)
- Crohn’s disease
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Migraines (unresponsive to other treatment)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle spasms
- Neuropathies, or any other condition in the professional judgment of a physician
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sickle-cell Anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Wasting syndrome
- Chronic medical condition normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence.
- Chronic medical condition that causes severe, debilitating psychiatric disorders.
Program Requirements & Patient Eligibility
You need to be aware of the other Missouri medical card requirements you have to satisfy before your application can be processed by the Missouri Department of Health Medical Marijuana.
Now, what are these?
Take note of the following requirements:
- All applicants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older to apply.
- All applicants must be a resident in the state of Missouri.
* Patients younger than eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application must have a designated and registered ‘Approved Caregiver’ applying on their behalf.
* * You are required to have a recommendation from a licensed in-state marijuana physician before you start your application to receive a medical marijuana card.
Not from Missouri?
You can also find us in these Other States.
How do I submit my medical marijuana application in Missouri?
Once approved and certified by the physician, you may begin the application process by registering as a patient at the Missouri Department of Health. All you have to do is submit your application with the Patient Registry. Here is the step by step guide:
1. Get Certified
Before applying for your MO MMJ card, you must first get a recommendation from a certified Missouri medical marijuana doctor.
There are four simple steps to set up an appointment:
- Hit the Sign Up Button and fill out our Patient Questionnaire form, then click Next.
- Upload a photo of your state ID or Driving License. Then enter the email and password you will use for future logins.
- Pick your preferred appointment date and time.
- Submit payment.
* The appointment price does not include any state fees. Instead you must pay any state fees directly to the Government.
2. Register as a patient
After getting your certification from a Missouri-licensed physician, your next step is to register as a patient at the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
You can submit your application with the Patient Registry.
- You must also pay the non-refundable $25 application fee.
Your application will be reviewed and processed within 30 days. You can check process of your application by logging into your patient profile on the state portal.
3. Receive Your Medical Marijuana ID
If your application is approved, you will receive a digital MO medical cannabis card available for download from the state portal.
You have to print your Missouri Medical Marijuana ID Card. The state will no longer issue a physical med card through the mail. After printing the card, you can then purchase medical cannabis from accredited Medical Marijuana dispensaries in the state of Missouri.
What documents do I need to submit?
When you fill out the Adult Patient Application, you will have to submit the following documents:
- A legible, colored picture taken not older than 3 months before the application submission.
- A clear copy of your state or federal-issued ID.
- A copy of your Physician Certification dated within 30 days of application submission.
- Proof of residency in Missouri (a copy of one of the following):
- State-approved Missouri driver’s license
- Missouri identification card
- DMV Record
- A utility bill for the calendar month preceding the date of application.
* If you do not have a valid state-issued ID card or Driver’s license, then, a U.S passport along with a document that serves as proof of address such as a bank statement or utility bill might be accepted.
How to get Medical Marijuana in Missouri
Once you have obtained your Medical Marijuana ID Card, you may buy medical marijuana products from a certified dispensary.
When purchasing medical marijuana at a state-regulated dispensary make sure to:
- Bring your Medical Marijuana ID Card and one more form of photo ID when purchasing medicine from a dispensary.
* Minor Patients must be supervised by their designated caregiver or guardian when purchasing their medicine at a dispensary. Caregivers and Guardians must provide proof of ID when accompanying the Minor Patient.
* * Please note, patients can’t fill a prescription for medical marijuana at a local pharmacy like other medications, in the same way, patients can’t get refills for their other medicines from a dispensary.
How to renew your Medical Marijuana card
Please note – Your medical MMJ recommendation is only valid for 1 year. After that time, you will need to be re-evaluated by one of our licensed medical MMJ doctors. However, you don’t have to worry your license expiring. When it’s time to renew your license, you’ll receive an email reminder from us before your patient certification and expires.
Important – If you are a caregiver, your Registry ID is only valid for the same period as your patient’s medical MMJ card. When your patient’s card expires, they will need to get a new certification from their doctor. After your patient has successfully renewed their med card, you will need to renew your registry card as well. You need to make sure that you have a valid Registry ID card when buying from a dispensary.
How to Renew:
1. Log in to your Missouri DHSS patient account as a returning user
Please note – All information must match your Missouri driver’s license or state-issued ID. If you have a change of address card, use that address.
2. Receive Verification Email
After you renew your registration online, you’ll get a verification email explaining the next steps.
3. Visit a Medical Marijuana Doctor
If you are a returning QuickMedCards patient, you can book a follow-up appointment to renew your certification.
If this is your first time using QuickMedCards, you need to complete our Patient Questionnaire form first.
4. Receive Your Medical Marijuana ID by email
Once you’re certified by our doctor, your new card will be available for download from the state portal. It’s important to note that your new card will not be sent in the mail. The new card will have an issue date for the day after your original card expires.
We will donate to charity for every appointment booking.
We take suggestions from customers like you.
Favorites have been:
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
Help stop cancer from being a common health problem across the world.
WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
Help injured veterans live a better life after they've served our country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Missouri have Medical Marijuana?
Does Missouri have medical marijuana? Yes, it does. According to Missouri Medical Marijuanas Laws, which was passed in 2018, the acquisition, use, and possession of medical marijuana are legal in Missouri. Come 2019 and 2020, cultivators, dispensaries, labs, and producers are awarded licenses by the state. However, be mindful that the use of cannabis for recreational purposes is still illegal and prohibited by law.
According to Missouri Law, only an active, state-licensed medical practitioner in good standing, may certify you for medical marijuana. If you need help in scheduling an online appointment with a medical practitioner in Missouri who has a valid practicing license, go to QuickMedCards today.
What are the benefits of having a medical marijuana card in Missouri?
A Missouri medical marijuana ID card enables patients to:
- Buy marijuana from Missouri dispensaries
- Have marijuana or marijuana products legally in Missouri.
- Use cannabis or cannabis products in the privacy of their homes.
- Grow marijuana on their own private property if they have a patient cultivation license.
- Enjoy full legal protection in regards to possession, use, and cultivation of marijuana as long as they observe the program rules.
Can I get my MO medical marijuana card through telemedicine?
Yes. A physician can conduct the marijuana evaluation online to determine whether you qualify. Yet, it is important to note that certification requires a handwritten signature. Our doctors are compliant with telemedicine regulations in Missouri.
What is the fastest way to get a medical marijuana card in Missouri?
The fastest way to get a medical marijuana card in MO is by signing up with quickmedcards. With us, your application timeline will be significantly reduced.
- Firstly, you will have access to licensed doctors qualified to certify you for medical marijuana in Missouri. So, you won’t spend your time searching for a marijuana doctor in MO.
- Secondly, you can have your marijuana evaluation online after you book your appointment. Thus, no more waiting at the doctor’s office. And, appointments take about 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, you will receive your signed certification minutes after your appointment. If the doctor approves. Subsequently, you go ahead and make your application in the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program Portal.
Can patients use their medical marijuana anywhere?
No. Patients should use their medical marijuana in the privacy of their homes to enjoy legal protection. Smoking marijuana in public places, in a moving vehicle, or near children is a serious offense
What happens during my evaluation for the medical marijuana card?
You will video call with your cannabis doctor on Doxy.me. Doxy is free, simple, and secure. Therefore, the best way to video call with a healthcare provider.
When it’s time for your appointment, we send you a secure video call link a few minutes beforehand.
During your video call, you and your doctor will discuss why marijuana will be beneficial in treating your condition. Also, if you have any questions about medical cannabis or the program feel free to ask the doctor. The consultation should take about 15 minutes.
If the doctor approves, you will receive your signed physician certificate form at the end of your appointment.
Please note that your computer or mobile device must have a camera and a stable internet connection during the video call.
To avoid any issues during your appointment, ensure that your device is ready by doing a test call with the link: https://doxy.me/precall-test.
What does my doctor need to know during my appointment?
Since you uploaded your relevant medical records when you were signing up, the doctor is already aware of your medical condition. During your short appointment, you will discuss how medical cannabis may help treat your condition.
What is the cost of the Missouri medical marijuana card?
Patients pay a consultation fee paid for your appointment. It usually costs between $175-$200. But, you pay $149 when you book your appointment with QuickMedCards. Certainly, we offer the lowest price in the state.
Additionally, a $25.58 registration fee must be paid to the state for a Missouri medical marijuana patient license.
Who prescribes medical marijuana in Missouri?
Technically speaking, medical marijuana is not prescribed but instead recommended by a doctor with a special marijuana license. Once you receive your MO medical marijuana license you can buy marijuana in any state-approved marijuana dispensary. Yet you can only buy within the limits set by the DHSS.
Where can I buy medical marijuana in MO?
You can buy medical marijuana from any state-licensed marijuana dispensary in Missouri.
Where are marijuana dispensaries located in Missouri?
The following are dispensaries approved to operate in Missouri:
- Missouri Health & Wellness in Kirksville, Washington, and Sedalia
- BMD Smithville in Smithville
- OXD in Independence and Kansas City
- Fresh Green in Lee’s Summit
- Nirvana Bliss V in Ellisville
- Nirvana Bliss II in Ballwin
- AW Enterprises of MO in Lee’s Summit
- Releaf Resources in Grandview
- Old Route 66 Wellness in Springfield and Ozark
- The Dispensary in Cassville
- Missouri Joint Ventures in Nixa
- Harmony Neosho in Neosho
- BD Health Retail 1 in Humansville
- BeLeaf Medical in Saint Peters
- Mo Med Moberly in Moberly
- GRD in Troy, Mexico, and Moberly
- COMO Health in Columbia
When does my MO medical marijuana card expire?
The Missouri medical marijuana ID card is valid for one (1) year after issue by the DHSS.
What are the Missouri medical marijuana rules?
For licensed patients to enjoy legal protection provided by the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program, they must abide by some rules. For example:
- Patients should not operate any motorized vehicle under the influence of marijuana.
- Patients may not consume marijuana in public places. For example, parks, schools, businesses or on public transport.
- Patients may only grow their own marijuana if they have a patient cultivator license.
Can I grow my own medical marijuana plants in Missouri?
Yes, in Missouri you can grow your own marijuana if you have a patient cultivation license. Patients applying for the cultivation card will pay an extra $102.30 cultivation fee. After receiving the card, you may grow up to 6 flowering plants.
Missouri Medical Marijuana Patient Community
Missouri, The Mother of the West, is a land steeped in history. It is the gateway to the westward expansion of the United States. Through Missouri, the California Trail that brought people closer to northern California’s goldfields begun, and so did others like Santa Fe and Oregon trails.
Now that you have your MO medical cannabis card and can purchase medical marijuana legally, you can start planning your next adventure after staying in the house for so long. Wondering where to go and what to do? Let us make an itinerary.
It may be a small town down in the Ozarks, but it has multitudes of lively and diverse entertainment to choose from. You can either go to Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction or visit the Hollywood Wax Museum. If you are game for a more strenuous activity, you can go on a Zipline or Rainforest Adventure. If you are staying overnight, you can check-in at a hotel or sojourn at the Ozark Lodge, where you can enjoy outstanding accommodations.
Elephant Rocks State Park
Situated in southeastern Missouri, the Elephant Rocks State Park is a famous geologic reserve and hiking area among locals and tourists. What makes it unique is the curious outcropping of granite boulders that looked like a herd of walking elephants. The rock formation is actually made from molten magma, which was formed more than a billion years ago. Besides the intriguing sight, it is a popular area for trekking, hiking, and rock climbing.
Table Rock State Park
Are you ready to use your limbs once again and not worry you’ll feel pain when you try to stretch them out? Because of the wonders brought by the cannabis you can get with your Missouri medical marijuanas card, you can now pump your legs, spread your arms out wide, stretch those limbs, and feel free once again when you visit the Table Rock State Park. You can walk along the campgrounds, sit down and watch as things unfold at the beautiful marina, or do a little bit of hiking along trails filled with scenic greeneries.
Missouri Botanical Garden
If you have been cooped up inside the house for too long, it may about time you treat yourself to a Missouri Botanical Garden tour. This place is the center for science education and botanical research in Missouri as it displays multitudes of plant species and their role in preserving and enriching human life.
While at the Botanical Garden, you can spend time at the Climatron – a Geodesic Dome Conservatory built using aluminum. Its interior is similar to that of a tropical rainforest where you can find more than 2,800 plants. Inside, you can also find dense foliage, gleaming waterfalls, craggy cliffs, a river aquarium with exotic fish, and a hanging bridge that acts as a viewing deck.
Other top attractions at The Missouri Botanical Garden are the Japanese Garden, Stephen and Peter Sachs Museum, Linnean House, and Narrated Tram Tours.