Iowa Medical Marijuana 2023 List of Conditions
To get medical cannabis in Iowa, a qualified marijuana doctor must diagnose you with an illness on the medical marijuana 2023 list of conditions. If the disease you suffer from is not on the list of qualifying conditions, it is unlikely that a medical marijuana doctor will issue you with a marijuana certification. And without it, you cannot apply for the Iowa medical marijuana card.
After reviewing this page, you will know the Iowa medical marijuana requirements and what you need to qualify as a patient. If you are eligible for an Iowa medical card, you should schedule an appointment with an Iowa medical marijuana doctor near you. At the end of your consultation, our doctor will issue a cannabis certification that will enable you to apply for an Iowa medical card.
Iowa Medical Marijuana Requirements – Am I Eligible?
Being diagnosed with an illness on the Iowa medical marijuana 2023 list of conditions is just one requirement for medical marijuana in Iowa. But, there are other Iowa medical marijuana requirements patients must meet to be eligible for medical cannabis. For example:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to apply as an adult patient.
- Minor patients (younger than 18) must have a registered and approved caregiver apply on their behalf.
- You must be a resident of Iowa with proof of residency.
To get medical marijuana in Iowa, you need a marijuana certification verifying that you ail from one of the qualifying conditions mentioned below.
The Iowa Medical Marijuana 2023 List Of Conditions
Untreatable Pain – Does chronic pain qualify as a condition in Iowa?
Yes, chronic pain qualifies for medical marijuana in Iowa. Initially, untreatable pain was on the Iowa medical marijuana list of conditions. However, that restricted access to medical cannabis because chronic pain did not necessarily always mean it was untreatable. For this reason, legislators opted to replace untreatable pain with chronic pain in 2019.
I Meet the Iowa Medical Marijuana Requirements – What’s Next?
So, how do you apply for the Iowa medical card once you fulfill the Iowa medical marijuana requirements? It is a simple five-step process.
- First, schedule an appointment with a certified marijuana healthcare practitioner in Iowa.
- Get certified for medical marijuana.
- Visit https://idph.iowa.gov/omc/Patient-Registration and fill out the online Adult Patient Application.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay for your Iowa medical marijuana card.
You can find out more about the Iowa Medical Cannabidiol Program (medical marijuana program).
Which documents are required for the Iowa medical marijuana application?
When applying for the Iowa medical card online, you must upload the following documents:
1. Photo identification. For example:
- Iowa driver’s license
- Iowa non-operator identification card
2. A Healthcare Practitioner Certification Form; signed and completed by an Iowa marijuana doctor. (After approval by your Quick Med Cards cannabis doctor)
3. Proof of financial assistance if you are eligible for the reduced fee. For example:
- Social Security Disability Benefit notice (SSDI notice)
- Supplemental Security Income Payment (SSI receipt)
- Iowa Medicaid member card
- Hawk-I member card
Patient Resources and Forms
Contact details for the Iowa Medical Cannabidiol Program
State Agency: State of Iowa Department of Health and Human Services
Phone: (515) 725-2076
Bureau of Medical Cannabidiol
Iowa Department of Health and Human Services
Lucas State Office Building
321 E. 12th St.
Des Moines, IA 50319
Speak with Our Medical Marijuana Doctor Today!
Same-day appointments available for online medical marijuana evaluation.
Get your certification now!