Who Qualifies for Medical Marijuana in Louisiana?
To qualify for medical marijuana in Louisiana, you must obtain a recommendation from a licensed cannabis doctor. Although there is a list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in Louisiana, physicians can recommend it for any medical condition they believe the patient can benefit from cannabis treatment.
This page answers the general question, ‘Who qualifies for medical marijuana in Louisiana?’ Below, you will learn what conditions qualify for medical cannabis in the state besides other eligibility requirements. If you meet all the criteria, go ahead and book an online appointment with one of our Louisiana medical marijuana doctors near you and get your recommendation today.
Looking for a Qualified Medical Marijuana Doctor?
Louisiana Medical Marijuana Requirements – Am I Eligible?
You must fulfill the following Louisiana medical marijuana requirements to be eligible for medical cannabis in the state:
- You must be a resident of Louisiana.
- A medical marijuana doctor licensed by and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners must issue a marijuana recommendation.
- You must be at least 18 years old to qualify for medical marijuana as an adult.
The Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Card in Louisiana
Cannabis doctors in Louisiana can issue a medical marijuana recommendation for any illness as long as they believe it could be beneficial. Still, Louisiana medical marijuana law mentions several debilitating illnesses as qualifying conditions. For instance:
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) when it is associated with:
- self-injuring behavior
- physical aggression
- destructive behavior
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Intractable pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seizure disorders
- Severe muscle spasms
I Meet the Louisiana Medical Marijuana Requirements – What’s Next?
Once you confirm that you meet all the Louisiana medical marijuana requirements, here is how to get your medical marijuana recommendation online:
- First, schedule an online appointment with one of our licensed medical marijuana doctors in Louisiana near you.
- Next, attend your marijuana evaluation via video call.
- Afterward, our doctor will provide you with a recommendation and add you to the Lousiana Board of Pharmacy’s Cannabis Registry if you qualify for medical marijuana.
- Finally, get medical marijuana from any Louisiana dispensary.
Find out more about the Louisiana Medical Marijuana Program.
Which documents do I need to submit during the Louisiana medical marijuana application?
You need to upload the following documents when creating your account with us:
1. Proof of identity. For example:
- Louisiana driver’s license
- Louisiana ID
2. Proof of Louisiana residency. For instance:
- Louisiana driver’s license
- Louisiana ID
3. Medical records. (Not necessary, but it makes the marijuana evaluation easier and faster) Find out how to get your medical records.
Common Questions about Who Qualifies for Medical Marijuana in Louisiana
Below are answers to questions about who qualifies for medical marijuana in Louisiana.
Who qualifies for medical marijuana in Louisiana?
To qualify for medical marijuana in Louisiana, you must meet several requirements.
First, you must get a medical marijuana recommendation from a cannabis doctor licensed by and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Examiners. Secondly, you must be a resident of Louisiana. Finally, adult patients must be at least 18 years old.
Does chronic pain qualify me for medical cannabis in Louisiana?
Yes, chronic pain qualifies you for medical cannabis in Louisiana. Louisiana has an extensive list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana and severe pain features in the list.
Also, medical marijuana doctors in LA aren’t limited to the Louisiana medical marijuana 2023 list of conditions. Doctors can recommend medical marijuana as long as they believe that the patient could benefit from cannabis treatment.
How do I meet the medical marijuana eligibility requirements in Louisiana?
You must meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify for medical marijuana in Louisiana
First, a doctor licensed by and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners must provide you with a medical marijuana recommendation. Finally, you must be at least 18 years old to qualify as an adult.
Do I have to be a resident of Louisiana to attain a medical marijuana card?
Yes. Only residents of Louisiana can receive a medical marijuana recommendation from an MMJ doctor in the state.
Speak with Our Medical Marijuana Doctor Today!
Get approved for your Louisiana med card after a quick online consultation.