To get a Delaware Medical Marijuana card is a lot easier than you might initially think. Thanks to the convenience of medical marijuana telemedicine, our specialized physicians are able to give you a quick and comprehensive evaluation of your condition.
All you have to do is tell us a bit about yourself and we’ll take care of the rest. Once you’ve registered with us, you can go ahead and schedule your video appointment. Just like we said, a lot easier than you might think!
Our marijuana doctors in Delaware can give you an extensive report as to why you might benefit from medical marijuana as a treatment method. Because our number one priority here at QuickMedCards is putting patients before profit, we want to assure you that you get all of your answers from us.
Getting a DE med card should not be a concerning matter for you or your loved ones. We are here to provide you with a healthy dose of kindness-based guidance every step of the way.
Speak with our licensed doctor
Sign up to book your online consultation today. All of our Delaware marijuana doctors are licensed to certify patients legally.
Once you get approved by our doctor, your Signed recommendation is available for instant PDF download.
Receive your Medical Marijuana Card
With your marijuana recommendation, you will be ready to submit your application to the Delaware Office of Medical Marijuana (OMM).
Benefits of QuickMedCards
What You Receive
1 Year MMJ Recommendation
24/7 Dispensary Verification
Instant PDF Download
Includes State Paperwork Fee
Our prices include the State Paperwork Fee that other providers usually charge for separately. Other fees that a patient must pay directly to the government must be paid by the patient.
Office of Medical Marijuana (OMM)
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Delaware
1. Sign up with QuickMedCards
It only takes a few minutes to sign up and fill out our patient questionnaire form. Afterwards, we ask that you upload your ID and any medical records that you have. Then, our specialized MMJ physician will verify your diagnosis and evaluate if you’re suitable for marijuana treatment.
Following your consultation with one of our specialized medical staff, your diagnosis will be clearly specified in your medical records and physician-signed certification. The physician’s recommendation is valid for 90 days following consultation.
2. Register with the Delaware OMM
Once you have received your diagnosis from a specialized physician, you need to fill out the application form for the Delaware Office of Medical Marijuana (OMM).
- Fill out the Delaware Medical Marijuana Online Application.
- Pay the OMM application fee of $50.
Alternatively, you can submit a paper application at the following address:
Delaware Division of Public Health – Medical Marijuana Program,
417 Federal St., Suite 140, Dover, DE 19901.
3. Receive your Delaware Medical Marijuana Card
Once you have submitted your application, either online or through the mail, it will be processed within 45 calendar days of receipt. The OMM will verify the application with the physician who issued the mmj recommendation.
* Incomplete applications will be returned to the sender with instructions for resubmission.
Your medical marijuana card will arrive at your address between 15-30 days following the approval of your application. Once obtained, you may use your card to purchase medical marijuana from one of the many authorized dispensaries in the state. Doing so will ensure that you are purchasing the mmj appropriately, and will grant you legal protection under the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act.
When the time comes for med card renewal, applicants may reapply within 90 days before the expiration of their medical card. You will need to re-submit the same application form.
Physician Appointment and Consultation
Want to learn more about Delaware medical marijuana telemedicine and how it works? Uncertain about your medical condition? Still unsure about what exactly you have to do in order to get your medical card in Delaware? Whatever the case, we are here to provide answers.
Our medical cannabis doctors can help you figure out if MMJ treatment is the best solution for your health and well-being while giving you all of the information and reassurance you need. Our physician’s mmj health and medication recommendations are valid for 1 year following consultation.
Delaware - Qualifying Conditions
Physicians in Delaware can only recommend marijuana treatment to patients who are diagnosed with one of the qualifying conditions listed below. You should consider talking to one of our licensed physician about medical marijuana treatment if you are currently suffering from one (or multiple) of those medical conditions.
If you believe you suffer from any of the qualifying conditions, but have not yet received an official diagnosis from a registered in-state mmj physician, you might have multiple questions that need to be addressed. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry. Our knowledgeable doctors are here to help.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Autism (with aggressive behavior)
- Chronic Debilitating Migraine
- Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Intractable Epilepsy
- HIV / AIDS
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal Illness
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or treatment of that results in one or more of the following;
- Cachexia (Wasting Syndrome)
- Intractable Nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Severe debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measure for more than three months, or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects.
Program Requirements & Patient Eligibility
Adult patients must be eighteen (18) years or older to apply.
Patients younger than eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application must have a designated and registered ‘Approved Caregiver’ applying on their behalf.
You must provide proof of residency in the state of Delaware, such as:
- A valid Delaware ID Card
- A valid Delaware Driver’s License
* * You are required to have a recommendation from a licensed marijuana physician before you start your application to receive a Delaware medical marijuana card.
Out of state applicants are not eligible to receive a medical card in Delaware.
Not from Delaware?
Check out the Other States we cover.
How to get Medical Marijuana in Missouri
Once you have your Medical Marijuana ID Card, you’ll be able to buy medical marijuana products from state-regulated dispensaries.
When purchasing medical marijuana at a dispensary make sure to:
- Bring your Medical Marijuana ID Card and one more form of photo ID when purchasing medicine from a dispensary.
* Minor Patients must be supervised by their designated caregiver or guardian when purchasing their medicine at a dispensary. Caregivers and Guardians must provide proof of ID when accompanying the Minor Patient.
* * Please note, patients can’t fill a prescription for medical marijuana at a local pharmacy like other medications, in the same way, patients can’t get refills for their other medicines from a dispensary.
How to renew your Medical Marijuana card
Please note – Your medical marijuana recommendation is only valid for 1 year. After that time, you will need to be re-evaluated by one of our licensed cannabis doctors. However, you don’t have to worry your license expiring. When it’s time to renew your license, you’ll receive an email reminder from us before your patient certification and expires.
Important – If you are a caregiver, your Registry ID is only valid for the same period as your patient’s medical marijuana card. When your patient’s card expires, they will need to get a new certification from their doctor. After your patient has successfully renewed their med card, you will need to renew your registry card as well. You need to make sure that you have a valid Registry ID card when buying from a dispensary.
How to Renew:
1. Log in to your OMM patient account as a returning user
Please note – All information must match your driver’s license or state-issued ID. If you have a change of address card, use that address.
2. Receive Verification Email
After you renew your registration online, you’ll get a verification email explaining the next steps.
3. Visit a Medical Marijuana Doctor
If you are a returning QuickMedCards patient, you can book a follow-up appointment to renew your certification.
If this is your first time using QuickMedCards, you need to complete our Patient Questionnaire form first.
4. Receive Your Medical Marijuana ID by email
Once you’re certified by our doctor, your new card will be available for download from the state portal. It’s important to note that your new card will not be sent in the mail. The new card will have an issue date for the day after your original card expires.
How to Get a Medical Card in DE for Caregivers
Caregivers are citizens who can purchase medical marijuana on a patient’s behalf through legal authorization. Primarily, patients who are under 18 require a designated caregiver by law. Elderly or indisposed patients may also require the assistance of a caregiver, depending on their specific health conditions.
For their patients, they’re able to get medical marijuana from Delaware dispensaries. Their Caregiver ID allows them to possess, purchase, dispense, and, where required, directly administer marijuana to a patient in need. Caregivers can also be patients themselves.
Here are a few key things to note regarding caregivers, and requirements you need to meet in order to become a Delaware caregiver yourself:
- Be 21 years of age or be the parent or legal guardian of a minor child.
- Ensure you have never been convicted of an excluded felony offense.
- Legally agree to aid with a patient’s medical use of marijuana and assist no more than five qualifying patients.
- Be a Delaware resident with proof of residency. (DE Driver’s License or DE State ID)
- You can find the Caregiver application form here. You will require a patient’s 10-digit identification number for each individual application.
- You must pay a non-refundable $125 fee alongside the application.
We will donate to charity for every appointment booking.
We take suggestions from customers like you.
Favorites have been:
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
Help stop cancer from being a common health problem across the world.
WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
Help injured veterans live a better life after they've served our country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Medical Marijuana Legal in Delaware?
Yes. Following the signing of the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act in 2011, patients approved by the OMM are allowed to purchase cannabis-based products for medical use. However, this should be occurring only through the purchase of said products from specialized dispensaries. Patients are NOT allowed to grow or cultivate marijuana at home.
What does a Delaware MMJ card allow?
- Patients with a valid Delaware marijuana card can buy marijuana from any dispensary in the state.
- These patients are also allowed to own cannabis and marijuana paraphernalia legally.
- In addition, patients can possess up to 6 ounces of medical marijuana.
- Most importantly, qualifying patients can legally consume marijuana within the state.
What is the cheapest way to get a medical marijuana card in Delaware?
Signing up and booking your appointment with quickmedcards is the cheapest way to get your medical marijuana card in DE. Consultations and physician recommendations normally cost around $180-$200 in the state. But, patients who choose us only have to pay $149 for the same service.
What do I do after my doctor approves me for medical marijuana?
After our doctor approves you, you need to create an account with the Department of Health and Social Services Portal. Once your application to the OMM is approved, you’re officially a qualified medical marijuana patient.
How long does it take to receive my Delaware medical marijuana card?
It may take up to 45 days to receive your medical marijuana card from the Department.
Can my employer see that I am a certified medical marijuana patient?
No. Your information with the Department of Health is confidential and private. So, no one else will have access to it. Moreover, we are fully HIPAA compliant. As a result, all your patient data is private and secure.
Where can I buy medical marijuana after I receive my med card?
There are 6 authorized medical marijuana dispensaries in Delaware to buy your medicine. These include:
- First State Compassion in Wilmington, DE
- First State Compassion in Lewes, DE
- Columbia Care Delaware in Smyrna, DE
- Columbia Care Delaware in Wilmington, DE
- Columbia Care Delaware in Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Fresh Cannabis in Newark, DE
Can I buy edibles or gummies from Delaware dispensaries?
Yes. Marijuana dispensaries in Delaware are allowed to sell edibles or ingestible cannabis. For example, gummies, chewing gum, mints, and drink mixers.
What types of medical cannabis can I buy from dispensaries in Delaware?
There is a wide selection of medical marijuana products sold in Delaware. For instance:
- Vape cartridges
- Extracts, for example, hash and oils
- Flowers including Indica, Sativa, and hybrids.
- Ingestible such as capsules, dissolvable powder, tablets, gummies, mints, and chewing gum
What are the buying limits or how much cannabis can I possess as a medical marijuana patient in Delaware?
Patients can buy three (3) ounces of usable marijuana in 14 days. And a total of six (6) ounces in a month.
What happens during my evaluation for the medical marijuana card?
Yes, you will video call with our marijuana practitioner on Doxy, which is a free, simple, and secure telemedicine service. The best way to video call with a healthcare provider.
Firstly, we text you a secure video call link a few minutes before your consultation. During the video call, you and the doctor will discuss how medical marijuana could be beneficial for your treatment. It should take about 15 minutes.
If the doctor approves, you will receive your signed physician certificate form at the end of your appointment.
* Please note that your computer or mobile device must have a camera and a stable internet connection during the appointment.
To avoid any issues during your appointment, ensure that your device is ready by doing a test call with the link: https://doxy.me/precall-test.
Can I buy CBD oil in Delaware with my medical marijuana card?
Yes, however, you can already buy hemp-extracted CBD in Delaware without being a medical marijuana patient. As an added bonus, we give all our patients who receive their physician certification through quickmedcards $30 worth of pure CBD oil. Courtesy of InstacraftCBD.com
What are the Delaware medical marijuana laws, rules, or regulations?
Here are some of the most important laws medical marijuana patients in Delaware need to be aware of:
- Patients cannot smoke marijuana while on any form of transportation or public place.
- Patients cannot use cannabis in a school bus, school, any healthcare or treatment facility run or contracted by the Department.
- Operating, navigating, or being in actual physical control of an automobile, aircraft, or motorboat under the influence of marijuana is against the law.
- A patient cannot use marijuana if they don’t have a serious or debilitating medical condition.
- Patients cannot transfer their marijuana to people without a valid medical marijuana card.
- No school may refuse to enroll a student or penalize them because they qualify for medical marijuana in the state.
- No landlord may refuse to lease or penalize someone just because of their status as a medical marijuana patient.
What is the Delaware medical marijuana employee protection act?
The act ensures employers don’t discriminate against a person in employing, firing, or penalizing a person because of their status as a cardholder, or if they test positive for marijuana in a drug test.
However, the employer may take action if the employee was under the influence of marijuana or using marijuana in the workplace.
Where can I smoke my medical marijuana?
You should use your medicine in the seclusion of your home to enjoy full legal protection. Most importantly, you can’t smoke marijuana in any public place, or moving vehicle.
Is epilepsy among the qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware?
Yes. Patients diagnosed with epilepsy are eligible for medical marijuana in DE.
Do I qualify for medical marijuana if I am diagnosed with glaucoma?
Glaucoma is not on the list of qualifying medical conditions in Delaware. But, an Angle-closure glaucoma diagnosis may qualify for medical marijuana if your symptoms include severe eye pain and nausea.
Is ulcerative colitis treatable with medical marijuana?
Yes. Although, ulcerative colitis is not yet on the list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware. However, if you experience chronic pain because of the condition, you may qualify for treatment with medical marijuana.
Delaware Medical Marijuana Patient Community
Now that you have finalized your medical journey, you must be ready to resume your active, eventful life. Look no further! Delaware is a fantastic place to be for both the social butterfly and the relaxed bookworm inside of all of us. If you’re here for a good time, then just take a walk through the wooded roads of the first state. You’re in for an unforgettable experience.
The Grand Opera House
Looking for a bit of escapism from the daily grind? We know just where to send you. One of Wilmington’s many gems, the Opera House is a restored Victorian theater dating all the way back to 1871. While nowadays it mainly focuses on classical concerts and dance shows, it has a rich history. Throughout its many years, it has been the home of symphonies, melodramas, vaudeville, burlesque, cabaret, and so many other Victorian shows. You name it, they’ve done it.
Delaware Art Museum
Paintings that soothe the soul, sculptures that soothe the mind. The Delaware Art Museum is a cultural fountain for both, and so much more. The visual canvas of decade-defining American artists such as Howard Pyle and Norman Rockwell, this modern collection of drawings, illustrations, and glass-work has a voice of its own. Any creative will feel right at home in this walk-in artist’s paradise.
Brandywine Creek State Park
More of an outdoorsy person? Expanding on a whopping 933 acres of wildlife, Brandywine Creek is the paradise found for anyone craving peaceful and serene treks through the forests of yore. Featuring beautiful walking trails and a zoo that houses both North and South American endangered species, it is a cradle of nature that is ripe for discovery. Stay a while, and explore.
This website does not sell medicine nor controlled substances.
It is a network of doctors & nurse practitioners, not a pharmacy / dispensary.