Updated on June 16, 2022. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Shatha Atiya.
To get medical cannabis in Delaware, a qualified medical marijuana doctor must issue you a certification verifying that you suffer from an illness on the Delaware medical marijuana 2021 list of conditions. If your disease does not appear on the list, it is unlikely that a cannabis doctor will certify you for medical marijuana. And without a certification, you cannot apply for the Delaware medical card.
After reviewing this page, you will know the qualifying conditions and other Delaware medical marijuana requirements. Confirm that you fulfill all the qualifications listed below. Then, get started on your medical marijuana card application by booking an online consultation with one of our Delaware medical marijuana doctors near you.
What qualifies for a medical card in DE?
To qualify for a medical marijuana card in Delaware, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age or older. But, pediatric patients with parental consent may also be eligible.
- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition.
- Have a Physician Certification from a licensed medical marijuana doctor in Delaware.
- Be a Delaware resident with proof of residency. For example, a DE driver’s license or Delaware state ID.
Please note: Out-of-state patients do not qualify for the Delaware medical marijuana card.
The Delaware medical marijuana 2021 list of conditions includes:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease)
Autism with aggressive behavior
Chronic debilitating migraine
Also included are any chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that leads to or whose treatment causes:
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Severe debilitating pain unresponsive to previously prescribed medication or surgical measure for more than three months, or for which other treatment options produced severe side effects.
- Intractable Nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those caused by Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
I meet the Delaware medical marijuana requirements – What’s next?
Applying for your Delaware medical card is easy once you meet all the medical marijuana requirements. So, this is how to go forward with your Delaware medical marijuana card application:
- Schedule an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor in Delaware and get certified for medical marijuana.
- Create an account on the Delaware Medical Marijuana Program Portal.
- Complete the online patient application.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee.
Which documents are required for the Delaware medical card application?
To complete your application, you must have the following documents ready:
- A passport-style photo.
- Proof of identity and Delaware residency. For instance:
- Delaware driver’s license
- Delaware ID
Contact the Delaware Medical Marijuana Program
State Jurisdiction: Delaware Health and Social Services (DHSS) – Division of Public Health
Delaware Division of Public Health – Medical Marijuana Program,
417 Federal St., Suite 140, Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 744-4749
Get more information about the Delaware Medical Marijuana Program.
Common questions about the Delaware medical marijuana 2021 list of conditions
Below are the answers to questions patients have concerning the Delaware 2021 list of conditions.