Maryland – Patient FAQ
Here you’ll find the answers to common questions people have when signing up.
What's the process of getting a recommendation?
Prior to setting up an appointment with us, you will need to register to Maryland’s Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC). Once registered, fill out our form here, click next, and follow the easy step by step process on our website to see a medical marijuana provider and get certified.
Are there other fees I need to pay for?
Our prices include the State Paperwork Fee that other doctors charge for separately. The state of MD charges patients a $50 tax/fee for the med card, and that is separate from our included services. It must be paid by patients.
What happens after I'm approved?
Once approved for a med card, you may print your temporary Patient ID Card from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission and go to a dispensary. You can find more information about the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission here.
How long is my med card valid for?
The med card in Maryland is valid for 3 years. However, please take note that the written certification should be used within 120 days of issuance, otherwise it becomes null and void.
What IDs are accepted?
You may use your Maryland Driver’s License or Motor Vehicle Administration ID, Military ID, or Passport.
If the identification you provide is not a Maryland driver’s license or MVA ID Card, OR does not identify your current residential address, you must also provide two (2) of the following source documents as proof of your current Maryland address.
- Maryland vehicle registration card or title;
- Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill;
- Checking or savings account statement;
- Property tax bill or receipt;
- Mortgage account or proof of home ownership
- Residential rental contract
- First class or priority mail from a federal, state or local government agency to include the contents and envelope;
- Installment contract from a bank or other financial institution;
- Major credit card and Department/Retail store credit card bills
- Residential service contract
- Selective Service Card
The documents must include your name and residence address and reflect an issuance date within the previous 90 days.
How do I qualify for a Maryland medical marijuana card?
In order to qualify for a medical marijuana card in Maryland through our doctors, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a state-issued ID
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a medical condition deemed suitable for medical marijuana by the state of Maryland.
You can read more about qualifying conditions in Maryland here.
What are the Qualifying Conditions in Maryland?
As of last writing, these are the latest qualifying conditions:
- Pain (chronic or severe)
- Muscle Spasms
- Wasting Syndrome
- Another chronic medical condition that is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective
I have several of the qualifying conditions. Does that mean that I'll be getting my med card?
If the provider believes that you meet the legal requirements for a medical marijuana recommendation, then you will very likely be recommended.
Speak with Our Medical Marijuana Doctor Today!
Next-day appointments available with our medical marijuana doctors.
Get your certification now!