Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Marijuana Card in Maine
There are no qualifying conditions for a medical card in Maine. Instead, it is up to Maine medical marijuana doctors to determine whether a particular patient may benefit from marijuana treatment.
This page goes over conditions that may qualify for medical marijuana besides other Maine medical marijuana qualifications. If you fulfill all the requirements highlighted below, schedule an appointment with a qualified Maine medical marijuana doctor near you and get certified for your medical marijuana card.
Looking for a Qualified Medical Marijuana Doctor?
What Qualifies for a Med Card in Maine?
To qualify for a med card in Maine, you must meet the following medical marijuana qualifications:
- Adult patients must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a resident of Maine with valid state-issued identification.
- Finally, a medical marijuana doctor in Maine must certify you for medical marijuana.
What are the Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Card in Maine?
As mentioned earlier, there are no qualifying conditions for a medical card in Maine. Often, a Maine MMJ doctor will consider certifying a patient for medical marijuana if they are ailing from:
- A chronic disease that causes severe, debilitating psychiatric disorders.
- Or a chronic illness whose prescription medication could cause psychological or physical dependence.
Below are medical conditions that may qualify for a medical marijuana card in Maine:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia (Wasting Syndrome)
- Chronic pain
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Severe migraine
- Sickle cell anemia
- Spinal cord injury
- Terminal illness
This list is not exhaustive, so if your medical condition does not appear on the above list, you may still qualify for cannabis treatment. Be sure by scheduling an appointment with one of our medical marijuana doctors in Maine and get assessed online for your medical marijuana eligibility.
Can I get a medical card for anxiety in Maine?
Yes, you can get a medical card for anxiety in Maine if the certifying medical cannabis doctor believes that medicinal marijuana could help ease your symptoms. Since there are no qualifying medical conditions for a medical card in Maine, it is up to the certifying doctor to determine whether the patient could benefit from cannabis treatment.
Does chronic pain qualify as a condition in Maine?
Yes, individuals suffering from chronic pain can get certified for medical marijuana in Maine. Patients should note that there are no specific qualifying conditions for a medical card in Maine. Instead, the medical marijuana doctor will determine whether your illness could benefit from medicinal cannabis treatment.
I Meet the Maine Medical Marijuana Qualifications – What’s Next?
Getting a medical card in Maine is easy because patients can do the entire application process online on their computer or mobile device from home. So, how do you get a medical card in Maine?
- Complete this information form and create your account with Quick Med Cards.
- Next, upload your Maine-issued ID or ME driver’s license, plus your medical records.
- Schedule an online appointment with a medical marijuana doctor in Maine near you.
- Attend your marijuana evaluation via video call and get certified for medical marijuana.
- Wait for Quick Med Cards to mail your physical Maine medical marijuana card in 5-7 days.
Which documents must I submit for the Maine medical marijuana card?
When applying for your Maine med card, you must upload the following documents when creating your account with Quick Med Cards:
1. Proof of identity and Maine residency. For example:
- Maine driver’s license
- Maine State identification card
2. Medical records. For example:
- Medical history records
- Current prescriptions
- Physician’s orders
- Nurse’s notes
- Consultation reports
(Find out how to obtain your medical records quickly if you have none on hand.)
Patient Resources and Forms
Contact details for the Maine Medical Marijuana Program
State Agency: Department of Administrative and Financial Services – Office of Cannabis Policy
Phone: (207) 287-3282
Fax: (207) 287-2671
Office of Cannabis Policy
162 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Speak with Our Medical Marijuana Doctor Today!
Get approved for your Maine med card after a quick online consultation.