Quick med cards facebook share screen
Loading GIF


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I qualify for a Pennsylvania medical marijuana card?
  • You must be a resident of Pennsylvania with a state issued photo ID
  • You must be at least 18 years of age
  • You must have one of the qualifying conditions on our Pennsylvania appointment page. To see if you do, fill out the form here, click next, and follow the easy step by step process on our website to make an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor or nurse and get certified.
What are the Qualifying Conditions in Pennsylvania?
  • Pain
  • PTSD
  • Glaucoma
  • Opioid Alternative
  • Autism
  • Neuropathy
  • Multiple SSclerosis
  • Cancer
  • Parkinson's
  • Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome
  • Seizures
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • ALS
  • Neurodegenerative diseases
  • Huntington's disease
  • Dyskinetic and spastic cmoveent disorder
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Terminal Illness
What's the process of getting a recommendation?
Prior to setting up an appointment with us, you will need to register to Pennsylvania's Medical Marijuana Program. Once registered, fill out our form here, click next, and follow the easy step by step process on our website to see a medical marijuana provider and get certified.
I have several of the qualifying conditions. Does that guarantee that I'll be getting my med card?
If the provider believes that you meet the legal requirements for a medical marijuana recommendation, then you will very likely be recommended.
What happens after I'm approved?
Once you are approved for a med card, the doctor will certify you in the PA Medical Marijuana Registry. You will then receive an email confirmation with your next steps.
When will I get my med card in the mail?
It takes approximately 7 to 10 days after you order it online. The card will be mailed to the address in your Patient Profile.
How long is my med card valid for?
The med card in Pennsylvania is valid for one year. You will need to renew it at least 30 days prior to the expiration date.
I lost/destroyed my med card. How do I ask for a new one?
To request a replacement card, email the PADH at RA-DHMedMarijuana@pa.gov